Isolation Cones vs Cheap Cables

I'm posting this here for I didn't want to hijack a recent thread on cables and the title is a little misleading.

It was suggested to a member that BDR cones offer a lot of bang for the buck compared to cheap power cords when it comes to "making an impact on sound".

I'll buy into that concept!

I was looking reading about BDR cones and it seems like a lot of folks place three of them under a speaker instead of four.  I'm going to purchase some and have to ask the question:  Why three cones and not four?  My floor standing speakers are about 48" tall and the base is only about 10" wide.  I gotta think that using three cones with my speakers would make them top heavy.  Yes?
malatu
I'm a huge proponent of CF in audio resonance control. Regarding the cones: I haven't yet been able to compare the two, but Geoff's explanation is correct IMO.
Of course carbon fiber is soft- it is in fact a fabric. (Here's a clue: carbon FIBER.) CF is used in composites, a class of materials that when combined and bonded together have unique properties. Carbon fiber composites can be exceptionally light, or stiff, or strong, or flexible. Its all in the composition and construction, which is why they're called composites. The properties of "carbon fiber" have little to do with carbon fiber itself. Its all down to the way its used.

There is no carbon fiber in BDR Cones. They are exceptionally stiff, strong, and highly damped. They improve dynamics, both macro and micro, lower the noise floor opening up a wider deeper stage, and create a very natural open sound.

So in other words, every single detail wrong, and that's just the ones I'll bother to mention. Thank you, Captain Irrelevant.
If you’re pretending to be dense you’re doing an excellent job. Soft materials cannot isolate against bending forces nor can they transfer energy rapidly. It’s not rocket science, 🚀 Mr. Smarty Pants. 👖