PROAC D48R Bass Booming

Dear all,  I have just bought a pair of preowned Proac D48R speakers.  I really love these speakers very much.  But the only problem is Bass-boom and because of that, some tracks are unlistenable.  My room is 17 L, 11 W and 10 W.  My source is Ayre CX7EMP and I'm having a Balanced Audio Technology VK3000 SE HYBRID INTEGRATED Amplifier.  Please let me know whether I can solve this problem.  I there any benefit,  if I change my amp and replace it with a Cary Audio SLI100 Tube Integrated amplifier.    Thanks in advance.
gnanasekhar
If you make a equilateral triangle between the speakers and your listening position, things should improve even more. Have you thought of getting some corner traps?
That room is way too small for your speakers. 
 I have the D38's in a room 3 x your size. Perfect 
@gnanasekhar, the  Proac D48R are perfectly fine Loudspeakers!
Do not let these slip away over placement issue.
Try spacing even closer together and changing the distance back and forward from the wall.
All you need to do is position for better integration in the listening space.
Also contact Proac Support by email and find out if any advise is applicable for you.
OP: If you plan to keep these speakers, Find a competent tech and have them add a volume control to the woofer circuit. They could hang the control from a wire so it comes out the bottom (where the bass comes out) so you wouldn't have to damage the cabinet. Problem solved.