Future of cables!

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-discovered-a-new-electronic-state-of-matter?utm_source=...

I know very little about cable technology & even less about quantum physics. I read this & immediately thought (10+yrs down the road) this would upend cable tech: efficiency, clarity, & probably a bunch of stuff I don’t even know about that goes into cable science.

So, say hello to your new 2030 $70k cables. I’m curious what other people think.
tochsii
Good article.  I think science and innovation will bring about, and currently is, wonderful new realities and possibilities for audio.  No doubt. Thanks for the link! 
It is interesting article, but I'm not sure how it applies to audio cables.  Electric current is a flow of electric charge.  For AC signals electrons practically stand in place while electric charge moves at about 2/3 of the speed of light.  Energy is delivered to speaker by electromagnetic field outside of the cable.  
The whole thing is stupid because electrons aren’t the signal so it doesn’t matter how fast they move, which is about a meter an hour, first one way then the other in AC circuits. Net velocity zero.
Kijanki & geoffkait, I never knew your points.  I assumed everything came down to electrons moving.  If it travels electromagneticly & outside the cable... dumb question... then what does the cable matter?  Not being sarcastic-I’m just pretty new and not a regular or quantum physicist. lol
thanks