Doubting Sound Treatment ?

3 years ago I purchased an 11 piece Kit from a reputable company. I noticed improvements, but wasn’t instantly blown away. Now 3 years later I took it all down for a home move. Bass definition noticeably less. Instrument placement less good. Overall coherence less. Not a as intimate. Far less enjoyable, simply put. If your on the fence, get past it. Better improvements with the treatment than most of us hope for when we change Preamp, Amp, or Speakers. Doubt no more !
Cheers ! 
fact33
Conventional panel wise, yes. Anyone can totally replicate any GIK or other overpriced panel for peanuts. By being able to do custom exactly what you need and no more its even possible to do better. But then there are things like HFT that no one can make anything anywhere near as good no matter how hard they try. So its another one of those things where a little knowledge is a huge advantage.
In the commercial space I really like GIK - very high performance panels and traps, at a fraction of the cost of ASC.

Conventional panel wise, yes. Anyone can totally replicate any GIK or other overpriced panel for peanuts.

Yeah, but GIK is already so inexpensive, and their stuff is carefully measured. In particular, their bass traps perform down in frequencies where most have given up, and their advice is far and above awesome.
fact33
I purchased an 11 piece Kit from a reputable company
Better improvements with the treatment than most of us hope for when we change Preamp, Amp, or Speakers. Doubt no more !
Proper room treatment with acoustic panels, corner blocks, traps ect work a treat.
Just stay well away from expensive BS snake oil voodoo things like Shun Mook pucks, little dots, little bags of rocks and those expensive little HFT things, they are just a money grab aimed at the gullible, who couldn’t be bothered doing the work with proper acoustic treatment.

And get the acoustic panels, corner blocks, traps ect from places that sell them for recording studios cheap. Like this one in Australia, There are even cheaper ones.  
https://www.selby.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=acoustic+foam

Cheers George
Black foam?I don't think so.
I did make my own a few years back and was sold on how effective they could be.Presently using GIK and am very happy with the looks and quality.I'd rather order exactly what I need online instead of hunting through the boards at the lumber yard searching for straight ones for the frames:-)