Stereo Receivers from the past...

Perhaps a useless question, but even though I am not a politician I have the right to be useless sometimes! 
In thinking about a second bedroom system...If I were to use a receiver any toughts on good sounding ones you have had.  The best I have had, in the past, were the original Magnum Dynalab 208 and the Nakamichi SR-3a.  I had sold both.  But now with thinking of a bedroom system those do come to mind, but wondering if you have experienced a stereo receiver that you feel is better.  I am not much into compressed streaming but do enjoy a local/public classic Jazz station and the Jazz and female vocals music I own.   Thanks 
whatjd
Sansui 1000a all tube receiver. Lush sound, plenty of power and great 60s style. Sound great streaming wdcb jazz every morning. Great way to start your day. 
I'm the original owner of a Kenwood KR-8010 receiver bought new in 1978 and after a tune up a few years ago it is still in use and sounds great 135 wpc and made in Japan.
Sansui, Concept, Philips and Grundig are some that I've had experience with. The Grundig and the Concept were the best sounding to my ears. One may want a unit with the pre-out and main in inputs/outputs. Provides more flexibility in the future. 
Just search vintage receiver in Facebook marketplace and take your pick. Or go to local vintage hifi shop. There’s a huge market for this stuff right now. If your handy or have a tech that you like it’s fun to restore some of these old beauties. 
Nothing wrong with new stereo receivers and integrated amps.   Vintage stuff is OK but not as massively superior as vintage fans like to believe.  I am 62, been there, done that.  I have a garage system based on a vintage receiver and a different garage system based on a new Pioneer SX-N30.  The Pioneer is more convenient due to all the digital streaming and playback functions and can be full controlled via wi-fi from my phone.