Comparison of latest DAC chips

I own a Bluesound Node 2i which greatly improved sound after I added the Cat 6 cable.  I do not own a separate DAC but am told it would be the next step improvement.  I have done enough reading that it appears the two latest chips are the Sabre or ESS ES9038PRO and the AK4499.  The brands I have looked at are Sabaj d5($469) and a Topping D90($699).  I saw a great review on Audiocircle of the Sabaj D5 which is now a year old.  The Topping D90 is newer and I hear the build quality of the Topping as well as customer service are both better.   Other brands cost more and most don't use these new chips. 

Is there a difference in how these chips sound?  I would appreciate any comments. 
128x128daledeee1
It looks like the demand or supply issues are causing shortages in items made in China.  Many brands are out of stock.  Sabaj, Topping, SMSL.

I really enjoy my Metrum Pavane. I feel it keeps me a warmAnalog turntable type sound.
As the US Distributor of Italy's Audio Analogue, we received their new AAdac that uses the Sabre ES9038, a chip brand that has a reputation of being analytical at the expense of musicality.

I agree 100% with the above poster who stated the whole package including power supply, analog output circuit, component quality, etc can easily change the sound of any DAC chip.

tmhaudio/Jim Ricketts
Sabre ES9038, a chip brand that has a reputation of being analytical at the expense of musicality.
Not even analytical, a good "discrete" R2R dac is even more detailed, yet it’s airier with much more musical sense and far more body to the mids, and then there’s the unmatched bounce and slam to the music they have as well.

Cheers George