Innuos - New Re-Clocker

Heard Innuos was launching a Re-Clocker.  Anyone have details on the specs and performance?
aj72
How I did the math.....I have a ZENith mk2 SE (4TB) that retailed for $9k. The Phoenix Reclocker retails for $3150.00. The Phoenix would require an additional power cord + footers + another USB cable. Let's say you spend $1.5k on the additional PC, footers and USB cable. That brings a total of aprox. $13,650 (retail). A new Statement with 2 TB's retails for $14,400. I spoke to Mark Sossa (Innuos importer that I bought my ZENith mk2 SE from) and someone I met on Agon who had the ZENith mk2 SE and now owns the Statement and both of them told me the Statement was a BIG step up from the SE. Mark told me the ZENith mk2 SE + the Phoenix gets close but that the Statement was still superior in every way..... So I thought I would rather spend a few bucks more and get the better sounding Statement....Also I use all Nordost cables and Stillpoints Ultra 6's on my ZENith mk2 SE so the figure of $1.5k on the additional power cord, USB cable and isolation would actually run me more, making the cost between the two versions about the same $. I understand that you don't have to use footers under the Phoenix and you can spend less on a PC and USB but I found (in my system) that those 3 items really made a BIG improvement in SQ vs cheaper versions.

I am looking for a used or demo Statement at the moment.
Yes sure Ron, but you will probably need those footers for the Statement’s outboard power supply too. And probably upgrade the umbilical cord as well. You would definitely save on the additional AC power cord for sure

On another note, re: Phoenix USB, it’s my understanding that the only people who have actually received it, are select dealers as Demo. The only actual customer (non-dealer) I have personally “met” online that has confirmed possession of a Phoenix is located in Germany. None in US. Zip
@thyname

I agree with you. And someone with a less costly server might benefit from from adding the Phoenix and make more sense/cents. For me the total cost each way (my ZENith mk2 SE + Phoenix vs Statement) is too close.

As far as availability, I spoke with an Innuos rep a month ago who told me there was plenty of Phoenix stock. I haven't called dealers to verify that though.
Sorry guys it has been a busy couple of weeks. 

We go in our Phoenix and it does make a Zenith noticably better. 

The unit is a bit frustrating there is no led's to let you know it is on, nor does it show up as a Phonix, basically the signal just shows up as to what ever you were hooked up to before. 

The sonic difference is easily noticable as an over all improvement in the Zenith. the soundstage sounds bigger, the sound is cleaner, in our second demo room the sound was clearly better for every setup we hooked up to

So yes the Phoenix works and yes it takes a good server and makes it sound considerably better.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Innous dealers

Hey @audiotroy : any of your customers got a PhoenixUSB at all? Or you only got one, the store demo? Please be honest. Thanks