Items for sale without remotes.

Believe what you like and Buyer beware.   Most that live in cities of any size have pawn shops.  AudiogoN seems to have very few items for sale without remotes, but a few.  ebay and pawn shops have many items being sold without remotes.  If you choose to believe that audiophiles are forgetful slobs that loose remotes routienly, then good for you.  However I have never bought a used piece of high end audio gear without remotes and have never sold one that way either.   And it you believe that nicer high end items are never stolen, then I have an island in NYC I would like to sell you, and a used Porsche Speedster that a little old lady only drove to church on Sundays. 

whatjd
I had two dogs a few years back and one of them munched on three remotes and an IPad.  The remotes were all in different places that were supposed to be safe from nosey puppies. I can easily see someone selling something without a remote.

JD

I tend to steal a lot of hi-end stereo equipment and it really ticks me off when these audio nerds don't leave the remotes conveniently nearby.
    I've also have about a dozen nuclear warheads without their trigger mechanisms.

What is it with you people!?!  
     Thoughtless or just careless?

I have a Sony cd player for sale on Craigslist now, with no remote and I am pretty sure I didn't steal it.