Comparison of latest DAC chips

I own a Bluesound Node 2i which greatly improved sound after I added the Cat 6 cable.  I do not own a separate DAC but am told it would be the next step improvement.  I have done enough reading that it appears the two latest chips are the Sabre or ESS ES9038PRO and the AK4499.  The brands I have looked at are Sabaj d5($469) and a Topping D90($699).  I saw a great review on Audiocircle of the Sabaj D5 which is now a year old.  The Topping D90 is newer and I hear the build quality of the Topping as well as customer service are both better.   Other brands cost more and most don't use these new chips. 

Is there a difference in how these chips sound?  I would appreciate any comments. 
128x128daledeee1
I have a Topping DX3 Pro and a Sabaj D5.  I also have other dacs that I built. 

The Topping DX3 Pro is OK but the Sabaj D5 blows it away. The D5, seems to demonstrate the typical ESS characteristics of being very exact and clinical.  I'm not sure that is all bad but it depends on the auxiliary equipment and what you like.  I don't mind.

I have a Classe AMP2 class D amp with B&W 705 S2 speakers and if I play a "harsh" recording, that's what it sounds like. The harshness typically only comes through at high volumes but its definitely there.  When I use a Parasound A23 amp, I don't hear the harshness.

I have an AK4497 based dac and I liked it quite a bit but I expect I would like the AK4499 a bit more. 

Basically, right now, the Sabaj D5 and the Topping D90 are competing, but the Topping cost about 75% more. 

For the price, I believe the Sabaj unit is a heck of a deal and the customer service is great. Also, I have seen no reason to believe that the quality of the Topping units is better than the Sabaj units.  
Get a FPGA based dac and forget about the chips. Software can be updated much easier than replacing or upgrading chips.
-1 on any Oppo DACs. I found them all bright if not screechy. Definitely one to audition before purchasing.