Recapping Krell FPB-Monoblocks - Need Advice

I have a flawless pair of original Krell FPB-350m’s I purchased from the original owner several years ago local to me. I am kind of on the fence as what to do, They definitely need a recap as one of them is heating up now and shuts off after 25-30 minutes. I’m debating recapping with upgrades or selling them as is and trying out Parasound JC-1’s or a Pass Labs X250.8. If I do recap them is there anyone in the western United States that can work on them? Krell is back east and wants $1300 per amp and I would have to pay shipping across the country. That would cost me around 3k. That seems quite high for a recap. Is there a dramatic difference sound wise when having these old amps rebuilt with modern caps?  If I do sell them as is what could I roughly expect to get out of them. I am clueless As to what they are worth? My system consist of Egglestonworks Andra II speakers and a AYRE K-1XE preamp. Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128boisehomes
Yeah, I probably will bend over and send them in! Krell used to do 25% off there legacy amp rebuild program at Christmas but I guess the current management has no plans to do that again. I was going to have it done as a present to myself this year. I immediately pulled them out of my system when it happened and called a tech at Krell! He said a bad cap makes it go out of Bias and overheat! I currently have a 150 watt older Musical Fidelity amp I use as a backup! It actually is surprisingly good. I still want to try out some Pass Labs amps! I’ve always heard they were hard to beat.
Pass and krell are very nice..... I’d send them back to Krell. There are a few things that they do also. And when you get them back they will be as they should be. In the long run. They will probably be cheaper. As they do these all the time.

total recap is not necessary most of times. you need to go over caps exposed to high temperatures and voltages. measure their parameters before replacement. if parameters are within specified tolerance and no visual damage, leave them back in the circuit.
if your unit still works nice, you don’t have to do that.
Definitely don't go for $1300 per chassis deal. Not needed and not necessary. 
@boisehomes ,
+5 on shipping them back to Krell.
I think the 'peace of mind' factor would be my overwhelming point in sending them in. While they are at the factory, they would be able to see if anything else needed replacing.
As you own an Ayre preamp, have you ever considered an MX-R?
Bob
I just got an return authorization last week from Krell to return my FPB-300, I think it’s worth the extra money. If you want to sell, the paperwork from Krell showing the work done can worth a lot. It won’t be worth your time trying to sell something needing work.