Herron VTPH-2A or Manley Chinook mk II phonostage

Anyone have a direct comparison with these two phonostage’s  the Herron and Manley. I currently have a Soundsmith MCP2 MK II with a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC ⭐️
I also am looking to upgrade my tt, and lets say my head has been spinning. 5-8000 range

current system
primaluna hp premium integrated 
focal Sopra 2
rel s/5 sub
luxman sm-150 cd
marantz tt-151S ( the one Clear audio built)
cardas parasec interconnects 

some tt I have been considering
dr Feickert - woodpecker or Blackbird
vpi
Vertere 
EAT Forte S Fatismo

not a lover of the round look

also have a VPI Classic 3 gently used offered to me by a very reliable source for 3 k

any help is welcomed as I have become overwhelmed.

Thanks
peter 

128x128tastypeter
I run my Zephyr MIMC Star into a SUT and into a Manley Chinook with great results. 
I have had both...preferred Herron ran wide open.  Both are very good phono’s. But it is all about preferences.  I am currently using a SUT into my Audio Tekne preamp with built in phono.  I would pass on the VPI but I am biased to the Garrard 301 and Thorens TD-124 tables.  3k would buy me a Technics SL-1200g but I am also a fan of detachable Headshells as well....if you go with the VPI try and secure one with the 3D arm.  I can speak to VPI as I owned a Prime Signature and kept it a short time as it just wasn’t for me.
Good Luck in your search:)
If you really want to get a one and done phono pre then you might want to try the Whest Audio line, I have had a Whest audio  Three Signature and you cannot really compare the sound quality until you can demo or listen to one of their products.Once you here what they can do for your TT you will not go anywhere else.  Phonostage | Phono Pre-Amp - from Whest Audio