Moving up from a Node 2i

I want to keep it between 1K and 1500.00, closer to a grand if at all possible. I don't care about onboard DACs, since I have a keen liking for mine. What is out there for a streamer, new or used, that will sound better than the Node when outputting to an external DAC? I like the functionality of the Node, don't want something with a sketchy user interface. But honestly, I think my old Allo Digione (Raspberry Pi) might have sounded a little more organic and fleshed out than the Node.

What say ye, Audiogon?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
kalali said:
I don’t see any references to support for WiFi in some of these            “better” streamers. If WiFi is a requirement, what would be a  recommendation for an upgrade from the Node2/2i?

Don’t let WiFi, or lack there of, color your decision making process. Assuming that you DO have WiFi in your house, all you need is a simple WiFi extender. They can be had for as little as $30. If you go to Upscale Audio’s website, and look at their streamer selections, you’ll see that for any streamer that is Ethernet only they recommend a simple extender easily available on Amazon. I have a Bel Canto e.One Stream and I’m using an old Apple AirPort Express WiFi extender and it works like a champ. 
My TEAC streamer does not have a wifi option. I used one of these to create a wireless client which allows me to run Ethernet cable from the client to the streamer.  25 bucks from Newegg.
The Vault doesn't support wireless either. Initially I tried Ethernet over powerline but that was noisy. I then tried an inexpensive extender like big_greg and crn mentioned, but I experienced dropouts from time to  time. I finally installed Google mesh and that was the ticket for me. Very good performance throughout the house and it has a feature that allows you to prioritize your streamer if there is competing demand from others devices on the network.
Thanks for your input. Given the logistics, I need to rely on WiFi but it looks like there are solutions available to address this requirement.
Looking to move from squeezebox touch. Currently have the SBT connected to oppo 105(usb via EDO).analog into my Marantz 7005. Is the Node 2i a suitable replacement? BTW using Roon instead of LMS. TIA