Resistors

Hi,

mid-high crossover: Duelund Cast or Pathaudio resistors?

Thanks!

nic10
So the way I found out about this, drove down to Oregon where my speaker's designer demo'd his new tweeter for me. It sounded great so I bought it. He said it requires a different crossover, which he showed me, and satisfied I could build it sent me home with the simple circuit diagram.
I went down to Radio Shack, bought the parts, put it all together, and called him up. This thing sounds nothing like what I heard at your place! It frankly sounds like crap! And no not "warm it up break it in" crap but "pure unadulterated never gonna get better crap." He asked me a few questions one of which was what parts did you use?

This was all years ago. Very hard to believe at this stage of my development. But, he must be right. I mean, everything else was the same. What else could it be? 

Week or so later after swapping in the much more expensive parts wow, world of difference! Now sounds just like what I remembered hearing at his place.
What this proves:1. Auditory memory is a lot longer than some people think; and
2. Parts quality makes a lot more difference than some would have you believe.
And some circuits require ruthless parts selection, tolerancing, tuning in the anechoic chamber and a test listen.

i know somebody that has been doing that since 1977. I met him in 1983. My religion since.
What this proves:
1. Auditory memory is a lot longer than some people think; and
2. Parts quality makes a lot more difference than some would have you believe.
you forgot 

3. it could be imaginary. 
Mmmm, treat yourself to a warm cocoa for saving the world from whatever it is you imagine you're saving the world from. <golf clap>