Boulder phono stage

I am considering the purchase of a Boulder phono stage to mate with my 2010 pre-amp.
The two choices are either the 1008 or 2008.  Please do not recommend a new 2108 as it is currently outside my price range.  Have any of you auditioned these, if so what are your impressions?

Thank you,
Jose
jg2077
I have heard the 508, 1008, and 2108. I ended up buying the 508. It’s remarkable and 99% of the 2108 sound. 
I actually listened to the 508 and 2108 back to back for quite a while with the 2110 preamp and 1160 amp through Wilson Alexia Series 2 speakers. The difference was there but super subtle. I was listening to a variety of music but the main 3 albums were Paul Simon Graceland (original pressing), Mahler 2 w/ LA Phil (recent pressing though AP), and Bill Evans Village Vanguard (Mofi One Step). If you weren’t really really listening closely you couldn’t tell. TT was AMG Viella Turbo with Lyra Etna SL. 
Thank you AMW.  Maybe,  I should audition the 508.  I have located both I mentioned above,  but have yet to commit.   I'm currently listening to an MC Anna on a Talea II, and a Stradiverdi V2 on a 11inch 4 point Kuzma.  

Regards, 
Jose