What is the appeal of the Denon 103 cartridges?

I know they have been around years. However, I see many music -gear reviewers with super expensive turntables running the Denon 103/103r. I'm thinking of trying one myself, possibly one of the ZU adaptations. 
aberyclark
After buying and try one out I have to agree with chakster on this it’s ok for the money but imo not worth spending more money to make it better when you can spend the same total and get better yet still with another cart . It’s just a great entry level mc cart that’s been around for a long time because it’s good for that price point. 
glennewdick -- yeah, like it is with many others, my Denon 103 is long-departed.  First and foremost, I could never get it to track, especially through the inner grooves.  It drove me nuts, too, that even when the Denon did track the inner grooves it lost fidelity on 'em.  Actually, the only place it sounded prime was in the middle of a side.

My first replacement for the 103 was one of their newer models, I can't remember which.  It tracked better if not superbly.  It also didn't have quite the magic.  Later, in a fit of madness, I got myself a Shure V15 with the dynamic stabilizer. Not the highest of fidelities but, man, it feared no lp side, no matter how edge-warped.  It flawlessly tracked every 45 in my three foot long collection of 'em. 

Anyway, cut to the present.  I'm now eminently satisfied with my Lyra Delos.  It tracks everything with ease and class...though I admit to be super-paranoid about using it on anything truly whiplash-warped.
I had one for years.  It was warm, and enjoyable, much in the way that Grado's can be.  Like most cartridges, setup is the most critical - and probably means more than what one starts with as a hunk of diamond, metal and who-knows-what.
And, int he grand scheme of things, cheap.
I could listen for long periods and enjoy it. But more i wont say since it was many years ago.
Don't under-estimate a Grado Black or Green either.
G