Speaker company :HHR exotic speakers

Anybody have these? Modified custom walsh omni drivers speakers.Promising!
theoriginalthor1
I heard them at Axpona and thought they were great. The imaging made the old Ohm F’s sound like a toy. If you like Omni sound they are amazing! What does the TLS-1 sell for these days?
I'm based in NZ and put a deposit on some TLS2s in early 2019.

Whilst waiting for my build to be scheduled I managed a work trip to NY. I took a detour to Cleveland were Dale hosted me in his home to listen to the TLS1s.
They are an impressive speaker. The seem to have a line source quality in terms of the listening distance versus power equation. The way the energise the room means they sound good when listening from another room.
The bass was deep however little indistinct. The rest of the range was clear and coherent.
Imaging was not 'audiophile' but natural. Sound was located where it was meant to be, but not laser focused. I was unable to make any judgement on image depth.

Unfortunately due to limitations in Dale's music server and internet connection I was unable to play music I had brought with me, or connect to Tidal. Thus I was listening to a lot of unfamiliar music in an unfamiliar room which meant other important attributes were untested. This was disappointing but not a show stopper.
What was a show stopper was the inability to play most music at 'live' levels. Dale's calibrated SPL meter showed we were hitting 90dB peaks at the listening position.
I listen to a wide range of music and not all of it loud. However when the helicopter from 'The Wall' pans from right to left it should sound like it's in the room. There were other instances where the visceral impact was missing due to the inability to go loud.
I have an large room and sit 12-13 feet from the speakers. In talking with Dale even the TLS2s would not provide the SPLs at the listening position with risk of crushing the cones.
I cancelled my order and forfeited what Dale had paid out to that point to cover my build.
If these could reliably do 100-105dB peaks they would be in my room right now.
I understand from Dale this is just not possible with the current design / materials. If I have this right the issue is the excursion required to deliver more than 90+ dB reliably will crush the cone. To rectify would introduce extra mass into the moving parts which impacts the ability to go to 20kHz and beyond.
I really, really wanted the TLS2s, and still do, but the trade-off was too great. If the music that moves you can be limited to 90-95dB peaks then these are a unique and awesome option.

If I listened to classical, vocals, and wasn't a rock and roller... these would be first on my list without question.  I've heard them playing classical at moderate volumes at shows and they are ridiculously good.

But if I popped in 90% of my collection at the volumes I like... I would shread them.