The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Boy, were getting some great stuff here! I know this off the subject, but I 'de like to answer Audiofeil(or at least take a look at this subject). I think that long-term satisfaction takes precedent over comparisons. Actually, the question is, "Do you get-off on the music?". Everything else is interesting, but just that! I have to defer to Alex about his 3910(solid-state), but boy what a player that is! Ferrari, you might consider Alex's 3910(compared to analog, and designed with analog in mind) as an alternative to analog. I have a circa-1992 Linn(Ekos, nude Archiv, Lingo, Mana Sound table), and you might change your thinking. I know that I did. Now, not everything in digital will sound better. In fact, in almost all cases, I prefer the analog(pre-1983) to the cd made from that. I also want to point out that recent redbook is much better than earlier stuff. That leaves a huge gap(between 1982 until about 1995) in music, though.
Does anyone else feel that Msb should be a contender?
When I hear the word best I cant help but hear msb!! Although i did not read many other responces about msb. Particularly the platinum cd station! What do you think
Don't forget the Audio Analogue Paganini CD Player. Have one here on the test bench now. All I can say is WoW. Spectacular is a word that doesn't even come close to describing this unit from the land of Ferrari and built like it as well. More to come on this player as the testing continues.
I recently listened to the latest one box EMMlabs CDSA SE layer, at $9995 MRSP it blew away my Accuphase DP-77 clearly (in a Dartzeel/Harbeth/Jena labs system). If the Esoteric I want does not top the EMMlabs box I may go for this one too.