BEST SPEAKERS AT A REASONABLE PRICE

Im curious what you guys recommend for speakers at a reasonable price. floor standing and center.      cheaper kef, svs, klipsch, what?         i was looking at them three     not looking to spend a ton but dont want to go super cheap.     can someone give me some recomendations for midddle priced speakers.  dont want to spend over 2500 for 2 floor standing id say       let me know your thoughts please.        going to use a svs subwoofer and FOR NOW onkyo tx-nr809 receiver      HELP PLEASE       THANK YOU 
128x128tblanka
Elac. Andrew Jones, aka Mr. TAD, is a genius. See if they are your cup of tea 
As mentioned previously, there are some Salk models that would be a good choice. For something a little unique take a look at Ohm Walsh's.
If you're just gonna connect em to a receiver, don't bother. Unless you plan on upgrading to an integrated. Only then will you understand just how poorly the receiver was serving you. Not to mention the misleading advice that led you to rely on it in the first place. Sorry. Lotta misleading advice out there.

Also if you're gonna go the HT center channel route don't bother. With two speakers set up properly the center image will be better from two good speakers (driven by an integrated amp, not a receiver) than any three speakers you can buy for the same budget. 

Its all about the budget- and not the size of the budget either but what's in it.

Get two of the best Tekton you can afford. Ditch the receiver ASAP for a decent integrated. And instead of putting all your money into one sub spread the same budget out over four.
You'll need a load of power and a big square room with walls behind them though.