How good can it get, really? - my stereo sounds amazing!

I really love my stereo currently. I keep thinking I should be looking for the next piece to upgrade - phono stage, stereo subs, etc., but honestly not sure what to change or why I’d potentially spend more money to achieve a result that’s lesser or equal to my current sound quality. I sorta feel clueless as to how to proceed without screwing up what I have. I know it can get better but honestly I’m at a place when I just don’t know how it can. Hmmmmm.... not a bad problem I guess. Open to suggestions for sure. Thx.
paulgardner
I'm in the same boat so to speak, as far as really liking my current rig...I also think understanding something about why things can sound great without being stupidly expensive is key...great design is what it's all about, and I use some "previously owned" items that have turned out to be astonishing bits of kit, as they say. It's also important to see beyond the proponents of snake oil tweaks as that stuff just muddies the waters.
mahgister had an excellent post recently on this very subject, which I agree with so well I will now shamelessly steal from. For all the near infinite amount of gear out there it all can be divided into three big categories or classes- budget or mid-fi, expensive, and cost no object. Most of us are in the big middle range.

Now here’s the thing. Within these ranges everything is pretty close in performance. Close enough anyway that working with what you got is a whole lot more cost effective than upgrading.

I learned this decades ago, which is why I agree with Mahgister on this. A $60 set of BDR Cones improves the performance of a CD player better than "upgrading" to a $500 more expensive CD player. A $500 Synergistic power cord will make it sound like a $2500 more expensive CD player. Throw in an Orange Fuse, slip an Omega E-mat under it, now it may not even be possible to find a better sounding player. Sitting on its factory feet with its factory fuse and factory power cord, I mean. Its that big a difference.

But the tweaks don’t have to be expensive either. Anything that gets cables up off the floor will be an improvement. Electrically insulative materials like ceramic insulators work the best, but anything is better so it costs nothing to try and see. Best of all this like many tweaks does not alter your systems precious balance. The good ones simply give you more of what you already have.

Omega E-mats and TPC from Perfect Path Solutions, Synergistic Research HFT, ECT & PHT, Cable Elevators, even things as simple as carefully routing cables to avoid tangles and coils and running close parallel will make a noticeable improvement.

The beauty of this approach, besides getting you off the upgrade merry go round, is it all works with whatever you get if you do finally upgrade something. Do everything mentioned here and you will be amazed. Your system will be transformed, and yet without giving up any of the qualities you love so much right now.
I don't think I've seen any mention of acoustic treatments. Is your room "tuned" at all? Perhaps look at some "art panels" (artwork over acoustic panels) at the first reflection points if possible, or some bass traps in the front corners. I gather (and can appreciate) that you don't want your system to shout "look at me", but it's possible to get acoustic treatments that can provide a noticeable improvement (potentially even significant) while still fitting into your decor.

That said, if you are enjoying your system as is, why mess with it. 
Post removed