Lampizator Big7 as a preamp

I am now using Berkeley Alpha DAC directly to my active B&M speakers 
I have opportunity to buy Lampizator Big7
I heard that it can be better as a DAC than a Berkeley , but how about use Lampizator ( with volume control ) as a preamp.Berkeley have very good built-in preamp, how about Lampi ?
128x128donpen21
I borrowed Lampi Big7
and I am little disapointed
First : build quality is like DIY product( especially in this price )
sonically is good, colourfull with weight and body, but resolution and detail is better in Berkeley
The most important: quality of build in preamp is much better in Berkeley, directly connect to my active speakers /power amplifier no contest BADA wins
@donpen21
I borrowed Lampi Big7 and I am little disapointed
Actually had a slightly similar experience at a private audition of the "Pacific" which, to be fair, sounded very good with a big soundstage, 3dimentionality, and good rendition of detail—but at a price. The guy then played us a Meitner (probably the more expensive one...) which, while excellent, was not as good as the Lampi.
He then switched to a dac none of us had heard of, called "Absolute by Ideon" and blew us away: frequency response more extended than the Lampi, esp in the bass, energy and dynamics beyond what I heard before, details we had not realized were present in the recordings—but esp dynamics and bass. We had the impression it dived +1 octave lower than the Lampi (impression of course) and there was prodigious energy coming out of the speakers. Anyway, thee Absolute played directly sounded near indistinguishable from the sound via a pre amp...Anyway, just a little experience to share.
@donpen21, what tubes were used on the Big 7?  I also prefer using my Big 7 as the preamp.  The tubes do make a difference.
Try the Psvane 101D WE replicas if you want better detail resolution while still keeping the musicality.  That's where I went with my Big 7, and I never found a 300B in it that I liked.  Just my experience.  The tubes do make very important differences.