Cambridge Audio CXC Series 2

Cambridge has come out with the Series 2 CXC transport. Based upon a conversation I had with a dealer the only differences between it and the original model are a new faceplate and finish; there's no technology change.  Cost bumps up $150 for the cosmetics. If you have plans on buying the CXC the original version is on sale as I guess stock needs to be moved out.
facten
Thank you so much for posting this.  It gave me the push to buy the original CXC, and I am thrilled with the improvement over using a DVD player for a transport!  Many thanks, Ken
was wondering if there was an internal upgrade, quite happy with my CXC
I believe it’s just cosmetics. Nothing wrong with the look of the old one, the only thing I didn’t like was the supplied universal remote for all their products, all the buttons I wanted were at the bottom, makes it difficult to hold and press buttons at the same time using one hand. Maybe they fixed that, and gave a dedicated CD remote.

Cheers George
I recently bought the original CXC, like the silver finish and the price I paid. The remote is no bother to me, the CD functions are all at the bottom.  Audio Advisor is selling the original at $399. I am not in a position to compare to other CD transports, however think it to be a very high value product at it price point.
I feel like I’m missing something, I have had my CXC for a week. I’m not loving it. My Node2 streamer sounds so much better, I know it’s not apples to apples, but it’s not even close. I have a ton of cd’s and really wanted a nice transport to go with my Peachtree Audio Nova 150. I have a modest system compared to some. I swapped cables (coax and toslink) between the two to make sure it was as fair of a comparison as possible. I’m not done comparing yet, but I am 
disappointed so far. I bought from Crutchfield so I have a 60 day trial period, so I’ll keep it for awhile. At this point I am leaning toward returning. It.