WHAT HAPPENED TO SONUS FABER?

I look at the new speakers.  They look cheaper and they are not as musical.  It’s like they are trying to be what they are not. What the hell happened?
calvinj
@daveyf, I didnt critique the sound of any particular SF product. Have a great day.
Not putting bad info out. A lot of us just prefer the way they used to sound. They have went more detailed and transparent.  The older models just sound more musical and like real instruments.  I also liked the hand crafted build quality of the old speakers. Most people do that I know. 
might be partly down to SF liking to use relatively small mids across quite a broad frequency range. 

@calvinj The original designs from Franco are certainly some of the best speakers that SF has made. I am certainly NOT disputing that fact. I personally enjoy his GH model even though I could have gone and acquired any of the newer models or even some of the far more expensive competitors. IMHO, Franco hit one out of the park when he designed the GH and to a lesser extent the Extrema and the Strad.
Nonetheless, i do feel that the new line ,particularly the new Aida, the Fenice and the recently released EA3 are excellent speakers. Unfortunately, I also think that SF did somewhat lose their way with the versions of the Guarneri that followed the GH. Not that surprising to me, because to improve on near perfection is a very difficult task...and one that is easily failed.IMHO.

"What the hell happened?"

HEA is not the same (no where near) as the audiophile products of the 70's-80's-90's. Now with a little care and knowledge one can easily beat up the expensive way over built audio products being peddled by the same ole revolving door that took your money the first several times around.

We see listeners dumping their massive components for a much better sounding inexpensive reality.