Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
I ditched Crapcast/Xfinity cable a couple of years ago so can't speak to today's sound quality, but it was poor then.  I'd be very surprised if you don't notice a substantial improvement in sound quality with the Node 2i.
Thanks, that is good news.  Although I enjoy watching the artist perform.  But will still be able to, best of both worlds.

Ok, I just hooked up a BS Node 2 I purchased used for my daughter. I hard wired it with Ethernet. I have a good upgraded power cord on it. I have a nice coax cable on it sending digital to my dac. Sounds great and a breeze to set up.
This topic is not new, it’s just in a different wrapper.

In the end, it’s all about the transport or transfer of info.

With Records and turntables, it was the cartridge.
With CDs, it was the transport.
With the first Mac servers, it was about the USB transfer (async, etc.).

today, it’s about the streamers.
same sh*t, new day.

1. With a DYI $50 solution, you get 85% there.
2. With a popular $500 solution, you get 90% there.
3. With integrated $2500 solutions, you get 92% there.
4. For every 1% from here out, you pay $1,000 each.

this hobby is sometimes about deciding and justifying price/performance thresholds and then determining if short or long term satisfaction has been attained.

the struggle is real...;-)

For me the jump from $500 to $2500 was about 30%... but my $2500 was Melco... not sure what happens with other $2500's.