Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
I have a Bluesound Node 2i on the way.  In the meantime I have been listening to You Tube through my Comcast/Xfinity cable TV box that is input to my preamp and stereo.  Note that this bypasses my smart TV computer as the TV can be turned off and the music continues.

It actually sounds quite good, wondering how much better the Node 2i will sound.
It actually sounds quite good, wondering how much better the Node 2i will sound.
Well you can bet your ass that most anything will sound better than youtube through a cable box.

That said, the performance of the Node will greatly improve if you hard wire it to your network.

Oz

I ditched Crapcast/Xfinity cable a couple of years ago so can't speak to today's sound quality, but it was poor then.  I'd be very surprised if you don't notice a substantial improvement in sound quality with the Node 2i.
Thanks, that is good news.  Although I enjoy watching the artist perform.  But will still be able to, best of both worlds.

Ok, I just hooked up a BS Node 2 I purchased used for my daughter. I hard wired it with Ethernet. I have a good upgraded power cord on it. I have a nice coax cable on it sending digital to my dac. Sounds great and a breeze to set up.