WHAT HAPPENED TO SONUS FABER?

I look at the new speakers.  They look cheaper and they are not as musical.  It’s like they are trying to be what they are not. What the hell happened?
calvinj
Calvinj, the Sim Audio evolution stuff is absolutely incredible very warm sounding and three dimensional. I have the p-8 W8 and I have not found anything way more expensive that sounds much better than this. Their amps and preamps are world-class also very expensive. The 850p is now 40,000. As good as it is that's way overpriced, when it first came out it was 25,000 and it was only 10% better than the p8. I think they make some of the best stuff out there but they've gone stupid with the pricing.
Sonus Faber kind of became a caricature. Wood, leather, marble, metal etc, lets see how many different materials we can combine. The image is a bit stuck in the past and not really high design anymore. Altho the more accessible range has a much cleaner look, reminiscent of Tidal Audio.

Sonus Faber is a company that produces a fairly large range of speakers. They give you the choice of going from an entry level product...all the way up to SOTA. The new Aida 2’s will compete with most any speaker out there..
So, for those who are happy to naysay this company, I think they really are disseminating poor information. SF released an excellent speaker a few months back...the new Electa Amator 3! If you can find one, go and have a listen...I’m sure you will be as impressed as i was.

@willmacc Go and take a listen to the new EA3’s and then get back to us...and yes, this beautiful speaker does employ wood, leather, marble etc.LOL.
@daveyf, I didnt critique the sound of any particular SF product. Have a great day.