Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@sdecker 

My analog section is decent: Kenwood 500 (direct drive) mounted with BenzMicro ACE, tonearm wiring replaced with Cardas feeding an Ayre P-5 . . . But I almost never use it. Until this week, I hadn’t used it at all since probably last winter. 24-bit files sound superb through my DAC, all the textures of vinyl combined with the dead silent digital background. Best of both worlds. 
I am planning to try Tom Thiel’s solution but probably not until after my “new” DAC settles in. Thanks for your observations about the baffle morphology on the 2.3 v 2.4. Very interesting! I’m motivated to experiment.

sdecker

Thank You for your observations on the CS 2.3 vs. CS 2.4 loudspeakers. Very informative to owners of these (2) models. Tom is working diligently on the CS 2.2 for now. Perhaps upgrade(s) are in the CS 2.3's future?

Happy Listening!

JA - if and as a small company might be created to keep Classic Thiel speakers updated, all models are in the mix. What emerges as upgrade solutions will apply to all models because the design goals and methodologies of all models share their DNA so closely. My beginning point is early models for many reasons, but eventually I hope we can also shed light on newer models.
Last weekend I had the chance to visit Glenn Poor's Audio and Video in Champaign IL, had some questions about my BAT VK-55, and luckily Geoff Poor was in the house.  I told him about my set-up, he said he sold Thiel back in the day, loved their speakers, was complimentary of my amp/speaker pairing (salesman alert!), and then, unprompted, he offered up that "most people don't remember, but Tom Thiel was a true craftsmen, the fit-n-finish of his cabinets were always superb, and what a lot of people don't realize is the enclosure and cabinet design and manufacture was a good part of what made the speakers sound so good."

Then he had me listen to some new Quads and I was blown away, even with the flash-drops.

Enjoy your weekend listening to music!