Biwire vs Single/jumper: Cardas Golden Ref

My experience - similar to others per these discussion boards - is that the effect of moving to internal bi-wire (or even shotgun pair) from single wire plus jumper is a little bit unpredictable.

Specific question: what was your result comparing Cardas Golden Reference in single wire with jumper versus internal biwire at the speaker end?

Current speakers are Silverline 17.5 .
Amp is Cary SLI-80.

Thank you.
Art
artmaltman
LSA 1's are in the home theatre. It is FANTASTIC. I suppose it's the voicing, plus the fact that they are not quite as revealing as the LSA Statements or Silverline 17.5, but they are a match made in heaven with my Marantz AV receiver. Not as detailed as my Cary Silverline rig but very beautiful at reproducing music. I'm using LSA standard center, which is of course an excellent match (their better center speaker I think). However the center speaker is very large, so it's a bit awkward and took me time to find a suitable piece of furniture to hold my AV system including the center.

BTW I recently started using the new $99 Apple TV to stream audio from iTunes on my Mac to the HT and use the built-in Marantz DAC. Again, it sounds very lovely, likely due to the slight forgiving quality of the LSA Standard (either that or just the speaker voicing.).

Art
Stanwal, yes I've tried changing jumpers on a variety of speakers and the differences are shocking. It is bizarre that expensive speaker ship with such cheap jumpers that mask their quality.

Currently I'm running single wire to tweeter and jumper to mid/woofer, which I've never found to be the better combination in the past, but with Cardas Golden Ref powerful bass and a little reticence on top, it seems best.

I just read an article on the Empirical Audio site about biwire shotgun vs single wire. He suggests that a substantial effect comes from the differing impedences of the tweeter and woofer and this accounts for a lot of the unpredicability of the sonic effect of the change.

Someone else on the net suggested that if you hear substantial changes jumpering tweeter to woofer versus woofer to tweeter,then that is an indication that internal biwire or shotgun would have a substantial impact on the sound. Better? Quien sabe.
After numerous speaker wire experimenting I've come to the conclusion that running my bi wired Ref 3A Grand Veenas with a one metre single run of Cardas Golden Hex 5C and using the Ref 3A solid core jumpers is the best solution so far.

I should add that I run the speaker wires in the diagonal wiring scheme, which also sounds better than any of the other options using jumpers.
Lacee, does diagonol mean:

Run a wire to, say, upper tweeter on left. Jumper that tweeter to midwoofer on left. run the other wire OUT of the midwoofer. Then do the same on other side?

I've never tried, that, worrying about damaging something or confusing impedences at the amp end (presumably the tweeter and midwoofer have different impedences). But this is just my novice-at-electronics theory...

Art