Magnepan needs your help

Magnepan needs your help.

Are you willing to publicly give your feedback of Magnepan’s proposed new speaker concept? Below are the cities and dates of select cities for the first tour to hear public opinions. Instead of filling out focus group forms or giving information to Magnepan’s representatives at the demonstration, Magnepan is encouraging public debate. (Negative feedback can be just as valuable as positive feedback.)

If you are interested in hearing this speaker concept, it is critical that your dealer have your contact information. Winter storms could cause a delay of the tour.

Chicago-- Quintessence Audio, Wednesday, December 11th
Toronto-- Audio Excellence, Saturday, December 14th
Pittsburgh-- Butch’s Sound and Vision, Monday, December 16th
Northern New Jersey (Verona)-- Audio Connection, Wednesday, December 18th

- Wendell Diller, Magnepan
josh358
They keep doing it...making the speakers that reproduce what you feed them.  I still remember my first listen in 1974...and I have had zero speakers other than Maggies since then.  As a former dealer, I was fortunate enough to hear pretty much every speaker made for many years, and while some boxes are OK--Fulton comes to mind--nothing lets music sound like it does when I play it on any given musical instrument better than Maggies fed by first quality hardware.

Some companies come and go; not so here, and there is a reason.

Cheers!
Hi Wendell,
I would love to but NJ is a bit far for me. I live in NH. I have owned and set up countless Maggie's. 
What I can tell you is that if the 20.7's were 7' 10" tall they would be near perfect for anyone with an 8 foot ceiling. If you are going to do a line source please make it full range! I think your bass projection would improve and the speaker would sound more balanced.
Isn't there a show in upstate New York that might be closer to you? There's that, Toronto, Chicago, and New Jersey so far.

BTW, Wendell would love to make panels that extend floor to ceiling! The problem is that nobody would buy them. But he knows it's ideal for a line source, in fact he even did a demonstration once in which he stacked two .7's to show the difference a full-height line source makes.

Oh FFS, let’s have fun, listen, stop arguing and give Maggie some feedback