Amps that can withstand my inwall speaker system

My inwall speaker system has one pair of speaker port and it is connected to Niles MSA-10 speaker selector which supports up to 10 pair of inwall speakers. My house has 9 pairs of speakers.
So, the connection is amp --> speaker port --> Niles --> 9 pair of speakers.
I've used three amps for the inwall speaker system over the past 15 years, and they all failed: NAD 314 (40 WPC), Mitsubishi DA-A7 (75 WPC), and Hafler DH-200 (100 WPC). They all lasted a few weeks and died. Somebody told me that the output transformer has died.

I have a Yarmaha receiver (RX-V3000) and if I turn up the volume to 9 o'clock, the receiver shuts down. I can barely listen to the music with volume set at 9 o'clock.

I have a spare amp (Nakamichi PA-5), but am reluctant to hook it up to the inwall speaker port. Definitely I am not going to try with my Plinus and Audio Research amp.
What would be the problem? Would I need more powerful amp? Or, tube amps may sustain the load better?
Any comment would be appreciated.

128x128ihcho
Your problem is you need a distribution amp. That is, many small amps, not one big one.

You want something like this, which is designed exactly for this situation:
http://www.parasound.com/1250.php
Nope.

Totally different design.  With the Parasound you have separate amps driving each pair.

Best,
E
I am a  Custom installer and do this all day long.   I recommend using anthem MDX amp.   It replaces my parasound 1250.   Or you other option is to use a Sonos amp..  bluesound player    And have each zone separated.    That would solve all your problems.   And you would have better control over the house music.