SACD or not

I have a question regarding SACD format. I am looking to replace my CD player and noticed some CD players have the ability to process SACD and some do not.  I have never heard this format and was wondering if I should consider this in my purchase. My purchase price is in the $1400 range
I know people will question why I am using CD at all. That is another discussion for another time. I still like some physical media in my listening experience. 
I look forward to your comments 
schmitty1

Quite a range of prices here.

https://www.hifishark.com/model/oppo-bdp-105

Look for a modded one and dicker. No need for Darby edition if you are focusing on audio. Find out who did the mods.

Even if you don't plan to purchase SACDs, if you get a deck that supports that format, the built in DAC will probably need to be of higher quality, in order to decode the DSD content on the SACDs.  When I was early in my journey to the higher end hardware, I purchased an NAD player and the detail I heard extracted from that unit, on "regular" CDs, was noticeably better, as a result of having a better DAC chip in the unit.
Agree that Cary 306's or Pro's are still great players for Redbook CD. PS Audio Directstream may be the best value in two box systems for either SACD or Redbook CD for the money else you start venturing into EMM Labs or Esoteric costs(>$10K).