Suggestions for bookshelf speakers that have great dynamics, budget of $500 used.

So I really do not know where to start with bookshelf speakers as not been in the market for any for ever it seems.
This is for a second system where a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 3i are currently doing duty.
Room is largish and open but ultimate sq is not the aim as it is occasional use only, but when I do fire this rig up I usually like to play fairly loud.
Sources are many, fm radio, cassette tape, vinyl and streaming.
I have plenty of horses to feed them so even inefficient models can be considered.
Prefer to buy used as big savings to be had obviously and already broken in.
So suggestions around a maximum price break of $500 used.
Thank you in advance.
128x128uberwaltz
Buying used is wise .... I bought for peanuts Mission Cyrus 781 speakers (under 100 bucks) To upgrade that would be buying thousand dollars used speakers (Harbeth probably)... With luck and if you look for you will be the next owner...I cannot say anything bad about them....But they are at the limit of size for budget speakers...They are on my desk between the computer screen on my homemade anti-vibration sandwiches plates...My best to you...
I've seen some good press on the Klipsch RPM600 and I think they're within your budget. 
With all due respect to the previous poster, the Klipsch have nice and lively sound but a bit bright for my classical music ambitions.

Buying used, you can get a cut above that and end up with even more quality, although for the money, the Klipsch is a nice offering, especially for certain kind of music...

I prefer the MA silver over Klipsch.

With your budget, it would be difficult to out do the MA silver - I love mine with pretty top end sound, and clear mid and tight bass...although lacks refinement of an upper end speakers.

I second the Harbeth previous poster mentioned - they would surely lift you out of a side ways move, and give you an upgrade...but would be hard to find for that money...

Perhaps you can look at Spendor speakers as well...
I owned and sold a pair of the Spendor S3/5's that fit right in to your budget. They were absolutely wonderful little speakers! However,these definitely aren't rock out at 100db speakers. They did seem to perform pretty well in our 15x25 ft finished basement. YMMV.  The MA's sound like checking out as well.
    Enjoy the hunt!!