Time to upgrade - need advice - budget $7,500

Hey guys and gal, :)

My first post here but long time lurker when in need of some audio advice.

I’ve got a chance to make some upgrades but I’m having trouble coming to a decision. For reference this is a 2.1 setup in my living room that also plays the TV audio. Currently using Epos Elan 30 floorstanders with Emotiva PT-100 and A-300. I’ve also got Bluesound Node 2 for streaming and Paradigm Servo15 sub. Rega P3 for occassional use.

I’m pretty happy with the speakers overall and I’m optimistic they can sound even better with better source and power. I think the majority of my budget would be best spent by upgrading the pre/power side of things and have been looking at the Hegel H190 or H390 to replace the Emotiva’s. They seem to get really good reviews and I really like the aesthetics of the product itself which, to me, is a factor.

What i’m not so sure about is the built-in DAC and streaming. I don’t really want to get tied into a product that 5 years from now is obsolete and I will have to be adding a new DAC to keep up with the times. The H390 does MQA and DSD but is also quite a jump in price over the H190 - basically my entire budget. From what i’ve heard the H190 will be more than enough power but is now a couple years old and does not do MQA or DSD.

Would I be better off finding a separate streaming and power amp solution? I can then always upgrade the streamer as technologies advance and as needs change.

Also looking at SVS SB-3000 to update the sub mostly for it’s room correction and price relative to the competition.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

M

mattshere
Well.... not really.  I've got some idea but I was hoping for maybe another angle I hadn't considered from more experienced goners.
I would not buy an integrated with the streamer and DAC built in but that's me and you’ve stated the reasons for not doing it that way If you want your streamer and DAC to be all in one unit I would look at the Teac NT-505 and the Lumin D2 or T2. The Lumin’s will work only if you don’t need other digital inputs. I have owned the D2 and now own the Teac as it has to me the preferred AKM 4497 chipset and also has multiple digital inputs to function as a separate DAC as well as a streamer. It is built on the Lumin platform and uses the same app. Then find an integrated that fits in your budget for what is left. I own and like both the Kinki EX-M1 or M1+ if you need preamp outputs and the Audia Flight FL Three S. Luxman should also have a model that meets your power needs as well as Hegel. Not a fan of the Parasound sound but many others like them. Plenty of choices in integrated amps that will fit you needs once you decide on the streamer/DAC.
Personally ,  I would start with speakers.
For 3K these are impossible to beat IMO as well as many other peoples Opinion.
https://www.tektondesign.com/double-impact.html