Reliability of Cary Audio Products

I'm considering adding a second (all tube) system for my home office. Amongst the integrated amps that are being considered is the Cary SLI 80. A friend, who is also a long term retailer of audio products, suggested that Cary has a poor reliability record. He hasn't sold Cary for a long while, and from what I've read on Audiogon, he may be out of touch with Cary products. Comments from Cary owners would be appreciated.

John
johnrob
Their whole corporate ethos changed after Dennis Had left--it's like two different companies, pre- and post- that event.
Their whole corporate ethos changed after Dennis Had left--it's like two different companies, pre- and post- that event.

Completely agree.  The current Cary is run by an accountant and it shows.
Completely agree.  The current Cary is run by an accountant and it shows.
That's why they are still in business :-)  If you ever picked up a phone and talked to either CEO Billy Wright or any other Cary staff member you would know that they are still passionate about audio. 
That’s why they are still in business :-) If you ever picked up a phone and talked to either CEO Billy Wright or any other Cary staff member you would know that they are still passionate about audio.

I’m very familiar with Cary, and what I’ve watched is a high-end brand be converted to a mid-fi "lifestyle" company with off-shore products wearing a Cary badge.