Network Switches

david_ten
To buffer or not to buffer is the real question. If the signal path is being buffered then all that matters is did the 1's and 0's arrive or not !
Jnorris2005 and others have obviously not heard a audiophile switch in your system.
No, I have not, nor will I ever.  Having been a network technician for over 30 years I know that a network switch's job is to faithfully receive packets and transmit them to their intended target.  If it doesn't do that it will be replaced as defective.  Implying that these devices can color audio signals is patently ridiculous, but I knew at some point some one would try it and some one would buy it.
I’m curious about these “audio switches”.  I’ve been using Ubiquiti and Cisco Meraki for the last several years with success.  I have found that fiber can sound better, most likely because of isolation.

I question some of the claims, but I’ve also learned that digital can be sensitive at the source/transport.  I look forward to more feedback from all of you and will probably try a few of these myself.  The SOtM and Melco are on my radar.
@jnorris2005 Thank you for adding some much needed perspective to this discussion. I too have worked in the IT industry for the last 20 years and the idea of better sounding network switches and ethernet cables is laughable at best.