Network Switches

david_ten
A WiFi router usually has a switch built in.  The router interfaces with the service providers network and usually doles out IP addresses to the connected devices on the home network.  An audiophile switch connects into one of the ports of the WiFi router and expands the network with higher quality ethernet ports.  Of course, the connection to the service providers network, and on to the streaming service, will always be through the standard ethernet port on the WiFi router.  That being said, the whole concept of an "audiophile" network switch is questionable at best.
I have the EtherRegen on order from UpTone.  I’ll be in the first batch delivered, and can comment hopefully in a few weeks.  
To buffer or not to buffer is the real question. If the signal path is being buffered then all that matters is did the 1's and 0's arrive or not !
Jnorris2005 and others have obviously not heard a audiophile switch in your system.
No, I have not, nor will I ever.  Having been a network technician for over 30 years I know that a network switch's job is to faithfully receive packets and transmit them to their intended target.  If it doesn't do that it will be replaced as defective.  Implying that these devices can color audio signals is patently ridiculous, but I knew at some point some one would try it and some one would buy it.