sellers trying to sell used product for 10-20% off of list price

I don’t get it. Almost any item here can be bought brand new from a dealer with a full warranty for 20% off - virtually any and all high end product. Some can be bought for close to 30% percent off. Sellers trying to sell year old product for 20% off are delusional, perhaps hoping for someone to naively buy it at their price but I doubt it happens. If the product isn’t in the range of 40-50% off of MSRP I'm not sure why anyone would buy it as often the warranty doesn’t transfer. Factor in sellers asking for 5-6% extra for Paypal plus shipping charges and even a 30% percent discount really is more like 15% off of list- a non starter. Am I the only one doing this math  ?  I can buy brand new at 25-30% with no extra charge for using paypal or my credit card and minimal shipping. Asking for a friend lol.
128x128cowan217
We have entered an age of marketing in which every seller expects that the buyer will offer them 25%-30% lower than the posted price. So they jack up the price to ridiculous number and when they drop down to a reasonable price the customer is supposed to think he got a bargain. Its not just here. Go into  retail store. Everything is on sale with 25%, 30. 40% off. Its not really a sale nor is the MSRP the real price. But everyone loves a bargain. So you play the game. Look at the advertised msrp.  Most of the time its exorbitant. No one would pay that price. But when you get the 25-30% off you can brag about how good a deal you got on that Item. 
artemus_5

Absolutely. That is exactly how it is nowadays. It's a known fact in retail, and even in reseller circles. That putting something on "sale", even if it's available elsewhere (or even the same site, think Ebay/Amazon) for less, will sell your item. People jump at the word sale, even if it's not really. How many people actually look at the unit price on a supermarket for instance? 

And since they now expect a deal on everything, and it's considerably easier for people to be brave with negotiating tactics online, as opposed to in person or even on the phone. Now everyone throws out low balls all day, and beat up the sellers. How many ads have you seen that say "low ballers will be ignored" on Craigslist for instance? My point here is that those people are most surely not selling their gear at their asking price, and it's only a starting point. Unless they get lucky that is. 
I've stopped listing things at reasonable prices since the bottom feeders will offer me 50% of what I'm asking. Frankly Audiogon has become a toilet bowl of lowballers. Part of this pricing BS is I'm sorry to say folks that want to steal stuff to ship to Asia to make a profit.   Back in the day people were happy to get a mint item for half price.. I wish I could buy a nice 2 year old 911 for half price HAHAHAHAHA! 
There is a online audio vendor trying to sell a McIntosh MR85 Tuner in a wood case for $2500.00!  That price is retail not including the $400.00 wood case.  I bought one 2 years ago from Audio Classics in minty condition for $825.00!  This is from the same vendor that has blocked me.