GoldenEar Releases Triton 2+ and Triton 3+ Revisions

Fellow Audiogoners: be guided accordingly!!

audioesq
Why don't you just say what you mean?  They came out with a refreshed pair of 2 and 3.  The two has been around 5 years and the three for almost that.  I'm slightly annoyed that I took delivery of a new pair of Triton twos on Dec 23, 2015 and paid retail.  Had I known the + version was coming out, I would have negotiated either a lower price, or waited a couple more months for the +.  According to GE, they tuned the speakers to sound more like the Triton 1 (which I have in my main system).  To me, that would have been a worthwhile improvment and certainly worth the 500.00 extra the + will cost.
Realizing that I'm responding to your post nearly 3 years after you posted it, I was doing some research on the Triton 3+ model to confirm exactly when they were released.  I bought my Triton 3+ is October 2017 and thought all along, that I had the "Plus" model.  I'm in the process of trying to sell the speakers and it was pointed out that I didn't have the plus model.  Yet, my invoice from the local audio shop says I do.  I guess I'll be paying them a visit today to get this resolved.  2 years of better listening not enjoyed by believing I had the newer model and had been sold that newer model. :(
Wow which shop was that, they should provide some kind of compensation. Didn't the speaker medallion or box id the model?