The imperfect amp: Pass or Ayre?

There are two high end SS amp brands which, from a technical perspective, don’t do very well, which I am thinking of:

Ayre and Pass.

Pass has stated that even ordered distortion is euphonic. Ayre’s zero feedback, diamond circuit has a great deal of distortion compared to the very best measuring amps.

I have to admit, that like an IPA vs. a Belgian White, I have a very strong preference, but my preference is not canon. It is just how my wallet moves me. You should in no way feel like my tastes matter. Buy what makes you giddy with joy.

Would you, kind lady or gentleman, tell us if you have heard both, what did you think?? Is this to narrow? Would you throw another brand into the ring??
erik_squires
I believe John Curl refers to 7th order harmonics as the “devil’s 7th” and attributes a lot of what is heard as harshness to excessive 7th order harmonics.   
Every amp is imperfect. Pass amps just happen to be imperfect in a pleasing way. To my ears they sound amazing with the right speakers. If your goal is neutral reproduction then look elsewhere.
I believe John Curl refers to 7th order harmonics as the “devil’s 7th” and attributes a lot of what is heard as harshness to excessive 7th order harmonics.  
This fact has been known since the 1930s and probably earlier. The 3rd edition of the Radiotron Designer's Handbook, published in the 1930s makes mention of this particular fact- and that it has to be in much lower amounts than the lower orders in order for the amplifier to be listenable.

I agree with others responding to this guy's post- endless obvious trolling with an overt agenda to look for issues with Pass products- Just weird frankly.