Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm...."

the Muse was about $10k new years ago, I paid $650 for it on Audiogon

What CD player can I buy that will hold its value and not be near worthless in anything more than a few years?

New or used.

128x128millercarbon
Not a CD player but does play CD's- Any late model Oppo player seems to be in the "I missed out and need to pay too much now" to get one. Plus you can sell it on the video boards also.
“Most new music is crap. Most new cars are crap. On and on. So of course most new CD players are gonna be crap....and so most new turntables are crap too! So there!

People who make this kind of generalizations are either ‘stuck’ in time like needle in a groove or plain ignorant. 
Cary 308T, Revox B226-S, and Studer A727 still fetch pretty good money on the used market.
There is no CD player that would fit the requested description.

Now, anyone can go on and try to explain why, but the answer to the OP's question is..."none".
MC,

The only CD player that I know of that has held and in fact increased in value is OPPO.  The 203 was about $500 and is about $1000 and the the 205 is going as high as 4K.

Most of the moving parts in the OPPO’s are off the shelf, so parts shouldn’t be an issue and I’d you have a DAC you like, the 203 might be something to think about.

My two cents.

JD