KEF R11 vs B&W 702 vs Golden Ear Triton 1.R vs?

Looking for speakers in the $5000-$6000 pair range. These three are well rated and available locally
128x128returntomusic
Stereo5, I respectfully disagree and find D7 to have ample bass, but I drive them with Audio Research DSI200 which is known for having a ton of low end slam

spendor d7 are more than $5k though so if op’s max budget is there, d7 won’t work new but would used. 

I didnt hear the 1.r but found the goldenears I listened to (models up to 2+) lacking in refinement both at hi and low ends. I will have to try and listen to the 1.r sometime. 
I’m probably being too harsh on GEs and it’s not helpful especially when OP considering 1.r which supposedly better 

and regardless just bc one person (me) didn’t find them to my liking that shouldn’t deter others from listening to them. After all they for most part get fantastic reviews. 

Its so subjective gotta listen for oneself 
Spendor D7 sounds better than any of the above.  
R11 is metallic sounding
Triton 1R is the best of your bunch but does not have top level transparency or driver coherence. 
B&W 702 lack refinement and can sound edgy. 
The D7s will sound phenomenal after break-in.  
Actually Avantl the Triton 1r are very transparent Heil Amt tweaters are known and prized for exactly that.

We would argue that the non reference Tritrons were lese coherent the redesigned 1R are quite coherent.

The Triton 1r have been receiving incredibile reviews because of their overall performance is so high.

They have far deeper bass coupled to a much larger soundstage, greater sensitivity as well as having adjustabilty in the bass over the Spendors.

You should really listen to a pair the 1r were rated as the best affordable loudspeaker at Axpona.

Also the new Kef R do not sound metalic.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Golden Ear and Kef dealers
@avanti1960...……………………….

The Triton References at 9K do not have any of those attributes you are complaining about.