How to A/B Test Power Cables & Interconnects?

Looking for some advice. Here is the situation:

• I am building out a new system (dCS Bartok > Parasound JC 2 BP > Parasound JC 5 > Floorstanding Speakers)
  • Equipment is on-hand. I am in the process of re-wiring the A/C circuit with two matching, 10awg home-runs (one for power Amp, one for sources)
  • I have the opportunity to try some high-end power cables and interconnects
  • I will invest in the cables if there is a discernible difference. I am somewhat skeptical.
  • I am trying to come up with a test protocol to determine what these higher end cables do. Everyone advises that I do A/B testing will listening to music. Of course I will do this.

My question:

Is there some more objective way to A/B test power cords and interconnects? I prefer to do this by listening,...not using lab equipment. How can I A/B measure system "blackness" or noise level?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

128x128temporal_dissident
Auditory memory is not long.  Still, best to play one cable/component for a while, to get thoroughly attuned to it, and then swop in B.  Be SURE that the last track you played with A is the first track you play with B. Best chance of putting your finger on what you hear different. Thereafter, let B settle a bit, and check your emotional responses.  Do you feel pretty much the same listening to both, or more involved with one over the other.
If the OP could have a second person switch cables so he isn't able to know what has been switched, might be a way to A/B.
B
Being new you have no way of knowing we have someone here with near zero experience and practical knowledge who nevertheless loves to opine as if he were an expert on every subject imagineable. He doesn’t even know what a ground loop is, couldn’t explain it even if his life depended on it, yet feels compelled to post again and again all the same. Or as he himself woud put it, he feels compelled, obligated and driven to post, state, or say similar nonsense, falsehoods and misinformation, many times, repeatedly, and often.
Skeptical?  Nah.  They work and there is a discernible difference.
All depends on your tastes (like wine, as stated) and budget.

Just switched to streaming. System sounded great. Then I looked at what my installer used for an ethernet connection. It was a basic cable but they said, you don't need anything else.

Had a used SR Atmosphere ( last gen.)  sent out on trial basis and the difference was very, very noticeable. The ethernet cabling draws a lot of skeptics BUT I found it the best $350. I have spent.

Cables, power cords are part of a system. They work but not cheap tweaks and can become a money pit  Good luck.