Maggie owners (past, present, future) what do (did) you love and or dislike about them?

I've always owned dynamic speakers, but I'm ready for something different. I remember about 15 years ago auditioning a pair of Maggie's at a small shop on the Plaza. Don't remember the model but I was astounded by the clarity. Couldn't afford them then, had 2 kids in college. Presently own a pair of Monitor Audio Gold 300's and they're very good speakers, but I've been reminiscing about the clarity of those Maggie's and I want a pair of the 3.7i's. Those of you who have experience with Maggie's let me know your love (hate) relationship with them. My room is 17 x 15 with a sloping ceiling up to 10 feet. Is that enough room for the 3.7i's to perform at their best?
mewsickbuff
Cones vs thin film speakers?  So why not both.  I have a pair of MGCIIIs, MGAs, MG1Cs, MGWs, MG on walls, DWMs, and a MGCC2.  Not all work.  The IIIs were sold as only needing a pair of ribbon tweeters needing  a rebuild.  The midranges were also shot.  The MG1Cs were given away, their dog knocked them down, and back to me they came.  The on walls are awaiting new thinking for the highs and lows that are missing.  One MGA sits under the tv, serving as center channel.  The MGWs alternate with my newest speakers, Martin Logan Clarities.  The DWM's sit inboard of the mains whether MGW or ML.  Side by side the MGWs have a tad better/more midrange and presence.  The Martins have the superior highs and 8 inch cone bass.

I like Maggies.

I use various 200 wpc at 8 ohms amplifiers, all ss.    A DBX two way crossover set at 75.  Two 10 inch Kickers, each in a sealed 2 cuft box.  A 12 inch Kicker in a 3 cuft sealed box.  A Denon POA6600 drives the subs.  It has taken years to put it all together.

Mewsic you can try some of the Magnepans direct from the company.  Starts with the LRS model, and you can return or trade up within their policy.  Subs are a must.  If you are looking for speakers that reveal and do not conceal, these sound close to real.  If you are looking to peel the paint off the walls, stay with cone speakers for high spls.  Happy listening in your quest.
To be honest to this day they have cheap frames which flex and lose detail, mys stands help a lot, as well as rubbish cheap Xover parts which I always 
upgraded as well as UCB better quality fuses, get rid of the junk 
jumpers and put quality jumpers in .
Peter Gun in Pa always made Maggie mods great  Magna stands.
I only had the MG 2a's, which I loved owning, but IMHO, Maggie's are speakers that often sound better at the store or at shows because their reasonable price makes them attractive to those who don't allocate the funds for the amps that they need.  That was me. I had 100 wpc Sansui BA-2000 amp, but not the right 100 wpc.

I went onto Martin Logan Quests, which were more ballsy,  but have moved on to 40 inch tall dynamic floorstanders because instruments and voices have the right "in the room" size..  A triangle is believable in size as well as sonics.  Same for singers, drum kits, trumpets and the rest.  To me, you lose that proper sizing from five or six foot diaphragms.
I am a Maggie owner (past,present, future). If you go to the Magnepan website and look at the 3.7i section the second picture down shows a system with a pair of Red 3.7i ; that IS my system. The 3.7i are the third pair of Maggies I have owned through the years. They started life as 3.7 and were factory upgraded last yeat to 3.7i . I have also owned at least 30 pair of other speakers as my mains since I started 40 years ago including Infinity IRS, Carver Amazing and Martin Logan Summit plus many big name Dynamic Speakers ranging from AR's, Klipsch, Ohm, B&W etc, etc, etc.  and seem to gravitate back to the Maggies each time. The Maggie's ribbons create an almost ethereal reality to vocals and strings that I find compelling. With the right power ( I use an Indy labs Aragon 8008 at 400 wpc) they can light up a room and produce excellent dynamics as well as, or sometimes better than many other speakers of similar efficiency. I have a small sub a Definitive Technologies 4004 to help the very lowest frequency range (below 40hz) the speed and tightness of the sealed passive ported Deftech matches well with the Maggies and was easy to integrate. 
My only negative I can mention is the need to spend some time finding the ideal placement which is not necessarily more difficult than many other speakers, just different.  In the future I have my eyes on 20.7i but I don't have a compelling need to change since I find the 3.7i to be about as good as it gets.  
I owned 3.5Rs for 2 frustrating years. I tried biamping with W4S MC 250/500 + active XO and subs but could never get what I wanted from them. I replaced them with Emerald Physics KCIIs with Clarity cap and WireWorld XO wiring (which I still have). I have gone through 2 Emerald Physics 100.2SEs, Audio Alchemy DPA-1 (excellent sound but needed more power in my big room, PS Audio M700s, which I did not keep only because, at the time no one bought my DPA-1, so the M700s moved on, and finally (yeah, right-lol) I caught wind of Ric Schultz newest amp the EVS 1200. It checked all my boxes; dual mono It uses 2 of the newest IcePower 600 modules= 1200 watts! to which Ric sprinkles his pixy dust. While it sounded good from the get-go, it took about 50 hours to start coming on strong, and even better at ~ 100 hours. My guess is it is a great amp for Maggie owners (glorious mids and bass), or any speaker owners. My KCIIs, which remind me of maggies in their seamlessness, are too small for my large room. I can’t wait to hear it with my EP 2.8s (dual 15" woofers), which should be here by the 30th. Oh, and it’s only $2200, 30 day money back !!!