Good Processor

I know this has been discussed before and have read most of the posts. However, I haven't seen one that addressed this question. For good stereo what is a better option? Going with an older high end pro like a meridian 861 version 2.8/4 or Halcro 100 OR buying a newer unit such as the Integra 80.2/3. If I purchased the Integra it would be easy to setup with little in cables given the HD audio formats. With the older units I would be processing HT in my Oppo and using the 5.1 output into the processor.
jamesw20
Tcatman, only 2EQ fails to EQ the subwoofers. For all the others, every speaker is EQ-ed but the descriptions are misleading in that they refer to all the non-subwoofers as satellites. So, you are right that one might be misled by the wording.
I did a test with 2 Velodyne DD18 with Revel speakers in stereo mode. The control in low freq are exeptional good. But it did not gave the stealth quality I want. I am affraid they are too slow. Maybe Audessey pro can solve this problem. Instruments and voices were not focussed in the right proportion. It was not simultaneously with the frontspeakers. My subwoofer with Audessey pro is superior in speed and fully one with the frontspeakers.
As with all things 2/ch good placement comes first, I've tested XT32 in stereo with my Boston acoustic E100's and KK DXD12012 crossed at 60hz and also 80hz and everything was indeed in proportion and the bass was tight, fast, powerful and stealthy this was a big surprise as I never expected Audyssey to be worth its salt for 2/ch, but this configuration improved imaging as well a nice feature with the Marantz 8801 is an Audyssey setting that allows you to bypass the FR/FL and Audyssey all else (the sub only for 2.1 playback)but was better defined with the Audyssey house curve engaged!
Jdub39, I have had the same experience with the 8801/dual subs using XT32/Pro. It does integrate the bass well.