Good Processor

I know this has been discussed before and have read most of the posts. However, I haven't seen one that addressed this question. For good stereo what is a better option? Going with an older high end pro like a meridian 861 version 2.8/4 or Halcro 100 OR buying a newer unit such as the Integra 80.2/3. If I purchased the Integra it would be easy to setup with little in cables given the HD audio formats. With the older units I would be processing HT in my Oppo and using the 5.1 output into the processor.
jamesw20
I am still confused... I reread the following in the Audessy web site. (see below) What am I missing Kr4?

They claim that xt32
The ultra high resolution filters are applied to all channels including the subwoofers

while the processing for their entry product
that uses basic resolution filters for the satellites, but does not apply a filter to the subwoofers

See below for the complete text from their web page....

The mortal reader would conclude . ..only xt32 will digitally process the LR mains and subwoofer. I infer that xt32 has some macro that applies the settings for 2.1 redbook listening...
So.. What should I look at on their website..
(Inquiring minds would also like to know what kind of chip would process high resolution blu ray audio for all of the channels at the resolution they are claiming...IN REAL TIME..)

MultEQ XT32
Our newest and most accurate room correction solution with more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the roomÂ’s problems to be captured and corrected. The ultra high resolution filters are applied to all channels including the subwoofers, with the most obvious benefit being heard in the low frequency range where correction is needed the most.
MultEQ XT
Our advanced resolution room correction solution with high resolution equalization filters for satellites and subwoofers. Most products with MultEQ XT are installer-ready and can be calibrated by an Audyssey Registered Installer to provide even higher performance for even the most demanding large or odd-shaped rooms.

MultEQ
Our standard resolution room correction solution that uses mid-level resolution filters for satellites and subwoofers.
2EQ
Our basic resolution room correction solution that uses basic resolution filters for the satellites, but does not apply a filter to the subwoofers.
I assume all the room correction technologies require a digital signal, whether presented to the processor as digital or digitized by the processor. Is that correct? It causes me wonder if the Velodyne SMS-1 digitizes the signal from the sub output of the Cinema 11a.

db
Tcatman, only 2EQ fails to EQ the subwoofers. For all the others, every speaker is EQ-ed but the descriptions are misleading in that they refer to all the non-subwoofers as satellites. So, you are right that one might be misled by the wording.
I did a test with 2 Velodyne DD18 with Revel speakers in stereo mode. The control in low freq are exeptional good. But it did not gave the stealth quality I want. I am affraid they are too slow. Maybe Audessey pro can solve this problem. Instruments and voices were not focussed in the right proportion. It was not simultaneously with the frontspeakers. My subwoofer with Audessey pro is superior in speed and fully one with the frontspeakers.