Hand crafted equipment rack?

Are there some places to buy truly furniture grade equipment racks / entertainment centers? I am not looking for the huge cabinets of old but open shelves or minimalist design...made from solid wood / slabs...no veneers.

Thx
kooshballa
Herbies has a 90 day refund policy if not satisfied. My tympanics will know by then. I was talking with Robert about the very couping invention you were telling me about years ago. I'd love to hear more. Try to motivate YoYo Ma to try one. It can be done.
After going through a few different ways of housing components I found accommodating changes in my system became my primary concern. The benefits of purpose built Hi fidelity systems would be an extravagance as well as (subjectively) unsightly. I've always had sonic improvements with mass loading components in MY room.

After a bathroom remodel I had some excess marble which I had cut to size and one inch holes board well in from the corners. I supported the marble with corresponding sized void free Birch ply with corresponding holes. Any millwork shop can do these wood cuts and a drill with a forstner bit can match the holes.

I purchased three quarter inch by 36" long stainless steel allthread and enough nuts and washers for both sides of each hole. I used rubber washers under the metal washers on the marble.

I decided against spiking the ends of the allthread in favor of simple slip on rubber ends with wood floor protectors stuck on for easy sliding.

The end result is an incredibly heavy Salamander style shelf system that is infinitely adjustable. When unloaded it can be easily slid across wood flooring.
It's a heavy piece that doesn't look heavy. The combination of the marble and Birch ply makes for a handsome edge detail. The look of the allthread maybe to industrial for the WAF.

If you hunt down the marble counter installers in your area they all have scrap marble. In all the project should be well under $1000. typically about $500.
Not exactly what you speak of, but Quadraspire, which is probably veneer over MDF, works very nicely and allows you to reconfigure the rack at will, simply by replacing the spacer rods with longer or shorter ones. I have one for my AV stuff and another for my hifi. The AV is double width and uses thicker shelves. No reason you can't stack your hifi gear on it. Not the ultimate rack, but considering price and flexibility, I'm very pleased with it.
Why not make your own. Aluminum and maple. Fully customizable and scalable. And cheaper too.