The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
A long time friend who is a musician and avid music lover but has no special focus on sound quality that I have ever detected was over listening with me the other day and commented how lifelike things sounded and correctly recognized the type and size of the venue where the live recording I was playing was recorded. I was shocked he even gave that a thought! The recording was the live classic rock tracks on "A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater.
I was told to get a better front-end, preamp, amps, speakers, cables or get a life.

I told this guy leave now, before I bury my foot up your back-end on the way out!!
OK, I'm probably going to need a flack jacket, but here it is!

One of my musician friends came over and listened for a while and before he left said "I just love the sound of those McIntosh tube amps"...but my MC452 is solid state!
Great thread. I too love the guy satisfyingly putting his finger on it claiming it as a Samsung and then his zinger of an exit line. It was too good to be offended by.

Mine a friend listening to an obc which we had listened to since we were kids and saying of the long gone Dorothy Collins 'She's live!'

Another a well respected and known in my area audiophile comes over to help me fine tune my system and after puts on his demo record. After a minute or two his head starts bopping and his foot starts tapping and he lets out with a quiet 'Wonderful.'