Very small room systems and synergy

I have been trying for 20 years to put together a system for a very small (10' x 12") listening room and still haven't gotten it right.  I am currently using KEF LS50's with a NuPrime IDA8 integrated with moderate success.  I realize I really don't like metal dome tweeters and I've been drawn to class D amps.  This is probably due to my budget constraints of $2000 - $2500.  Does anyone have any input for me on this?
gmc56
You say you're not getting enough bass and you're using speakers that go down to 47hz 6db down. Personally I agree on the subject of metal dome tweeters give me a soft dome any day. But what you need are either bigger speakers with better bass response or a subwoofer.
My room is the same size and have been into this since 2003. I agree maybe a larger 8" two way might be better in regards to frequency response. High efficiency with a tube amp would be even better. I've owned alot of more expensive speakers, but right now I'm having great results the Paradigm Atom v3 (bought used locally for $20.00). These are paired with a $100.00 appj 2013 tube amp and Sangean hdt20. This is the best "complete" system I've had in this small room. I think the source and tubes made the most difference, but the small speakers open up at low volumes and are forgiving in the right way.
I forgot to mention that I've read some prefer omni directional speakers like the Ohm Walsh Tall in small rooms. This has something to do with the indirect sound can use the room to better than conventional speakers. I've never heard these though and they seem kind of pricey for what you get. I honestly think you are hearing an "unbalanced" sound. Rather than metal dome irritating you more than likely the sound is just unbalanced in some ways and the highs are what you notice.
I have ls50s ( with sub) in one smaller room and larger (12") Ohm Walsh in the adjacent larger room running off same setup including Bel Canto ref1000m Class D amps and Audio Research tube pre-amp.

Love them both but big difference in sound. The tweets are no doubt quite different. Ohms are soft dome warmer and more laid back. Ls50s have very Crisp yet clean dynamic attack . Both are very coherent which matters a lot for me and sound of each is dimensional in their own way. Room layouts are way different.

Upstairs I have smaller 8" Walsh speakers with Bel Canto c5i digital integrated in family room open to adjacent kitchen, another good sized room. This system is the most easy on the ears of all.

I have a pair of powered Vanatoo Transparent 1 encores coming this week for my wife’s sunroom. Heard these at shows and was very impressed. Looking forward to hearing them on my turf.

Like Totem Arrow, micro Walsh does bass very well for its size. They are smaller than either of my Walsh speakers with drivers about the size of a CD . Prices have gone up in recent years but the one thing Ohms will do that most others cannot is the huge sweet spot, pretty much anywhere in the room.

Sound is like ice cream....many tasty flavors.