Imported audio are you getting the same level of performance vs domestic priced equip?

Imported audio usually runs 15-30 % higher in the country the equipment is exported to vs the country of origin. This is understandable with the issues of import fees, shipping costs and distributer mark up.
I’ve gasped at times the difference one pays for the same product only because the product is being sold in a different country. If you take a domestic product at the same price point that’s not marked up with the extra costs logically you would believe the domestic product is superior since you are not looking at a 15-30 % mark up. 15-30 % is usually where you see a company offer something better
than the previous price point. This is not always the case sometimes it’s 50 % above the lesser product. If I buy a $10000. Speaker from a foreign company that sells for $7000. In the country of origin, I’m paying $10000. for a speaker that’s actually a $7000. Performing one. Take Focal audio for instance the Kanta vs Sopra are all priced about 20% apart as you move up the chain. Each step up is an improvement over the other, they say. So I’m actually paying more for less by buying foreign audio equipment here in the U.S . 
The point I’m trying make or the answer I’m seeking to my question is are you getting less for your money buying foreign audio equipment than domestic ?
hiendmmoe
Since Chinese companies pay a lot less for labor and probably don't have environmental standards we have they can sell for less. I like buying American as most audio products are made to high standards and perform flawlessly.
It's also easier to contact the owner for advise and service if ever needed 
Rega's new little Brio sounds better than my 30 year U.S. amp which was like 5k. 
Luxman and Accuphase are 2 brands that come to mind as both are much cheaper in the Orient than in the US.   I have not made a significant arbitrage purchase, but have monitored the issue over the years.  What I find interesting is differences in US MSPR when a distributor is changed.  Prices can go up or down overnight, with no change in the product !  Yet customers are left to determine the intrinsic value of the product.  No wonder so many are content to buy used and online.   The only caveat is gray market purchases are made without any warranty or after sale support.   How much is this worth to you ?    Well we can find out how much this is worth to a manufacturer by examining Cary Audio's variable pricing strategy based upon the length of warranty included in the sale.   A US distributor (for example) would bear most of the cost of warranty service, and that has to be factored into prices and profit margins.  It is implied that one buys a warranty when purchasing through authorized channels, and one can deduct the cost of supplying a warranty when buying through gray market.     
Im getting a very high level of performance better than my previous USA made products.I am using TW acustic Raven AC turntable made in Germany with TW 10.5 tonearm as well.Im also using Audia flight Strumento #4 mk2 amp and Audia flight Stremento #1 mk 2 preamp the combination sounds much better than my previous USA made amp and preamp.Im also getting great service as well.The dealers i purchased are giving me a very high level of service as well.My purchases were based on build quality and sound.
The US price of my Accuphase E650 is $16500 US. The price in Canada, in Canadian currency, which trades at about $1 US to $1.35 Canadian, is $14000. I purchased mine for $12500, Canadian, taxes in ,new, from an authorized Accuphase dealer here. Full warranty, 120 V model. That equates to less than $9000 US. Someone is getting hosed, as we say here!!..How they can sell any product in the US is a mystery to me.