WAF Speaker suggestions

I am looking to replace my current speakers and need advice.  I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 2ce sig speakers that my wife says look like coffins in the living room. I love my wife more than the Vandys and so am looking for replacement speakers. I need a smaller footprint speaker to make her happy and I would like a speaker that has a sound that is less laid back than the Vandys.
New or used speakers are fine.  My budget is $2000-$2500. Listening room is the living room (15ftX20ft with 15ft cathedral ceiling.) I listen mostly to jazz, classical, and blues.  Equipment is a Classe CP-800 preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, TEAC CD-P650 used as a transport, and a Macbook for streaming music.

My research has lead me to the smaller footprint Dynaudio and Focal speakers but I do not know how well these speakers pair with the Classe amp and preamp.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
128x1282tuby
Show her this picture and tell her you found a pair (they are white).

When she regains consciousness, tell her that to make her feel better, you'll change your mind and get something else. Anything you come up with should gain approval much more easily when she knows the alternative.

http://www.hometone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/pvc-audio-speakers_9RCNR_24431.jpg
Gentlemen,  I was trying to be humorous about and white speakers and sound.  I am not a white speaker fan and am far more interested in how a speaker sounds.

wspohn - loved the reply. Showed it to my wife and she is still laughing.
If you can stretch your budget a fraction, get a pair of Tidal Akiras and tell the missus you’ve bought her a pair of 20 carat pure diamond midrange units to wear to any parties you may contemplate going to🤪
Brought home a pair of Magnepan MGCIII's in oatmeal off white.  Wife said hrumph, went outside in the garden.  Set them up played them at a moderate level.  She came back in and said she could hear the difference from outside.  They were 3 feet from the wall.  The wall was only 15feet wide and 17feet of depth.  We both enjoyed them except for the oatmeal socks.  Perhaps you can both listen to a new choice before buying.
Post removed