Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp....anyone familiar?

Hi just reaching out to get any input/feedback  on the Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp.   While I'm happy with my existing Parasound JC3 Jr., someone recommended the Herron, so I got intrigued, as I've never run into, nor listened to, any Herron products.  
Thks, Jim

jhajeski
Yes I remember which was the potential problem with the 2170 which I think was down at 10k.

Still be next cue to hear from anybody who made get have this combo.

The ph10 is good but I feel the Herron or a Manley Steelhead would be Ubervana.
I had the Herron for a while but preferred my Einstein Turntables Choice MC preamp. I wanted to prefer the herron because it has more flexibility in terms of two inputs. But for an MC cartridge, the Einstein was more articulate. I have heard that the MM stage on the herron is exceptional, but the MC can be bettered with step up transformers
I participated in a "shoot out" with the Herron, Allnic and Manley Chinook.  I think there were about 8 or 9 people there.  The only thing we changed was the Phono Preamp, and it was an otherwise excellent system.  

They all sounded great!  But, the vote ended up being that more favored the Manley than the others.  IMO, the Manley was the smoothest top to bottom, and others seemed to agree.  The Herron and Allnic both were excellent as well, but I found them to be a little more forward in the midrange.  That's a matter of taste, of course.

In the end, I have the Manley, and I'm very happy.  I think I could be happy with any of the three... but the Manley is least expensive of the lot.  I just didn't see enough improvement with the Herron to justify double the cost.  And, I think the Manley is a little easier to configure.
Just had a very pleasant phone conversation with Keith .
Both in agreement that present amp and his phono should be a match made in audio heaven.

And his direct sale pricing is VERY fair imho.

Just have to sell the Gold Note now.....
I sold my Gold Note in favor of the Herron, the VTPH-2A does everything better. I'm sure you will enjoy the Herron @uberwaltz